This class is an optional paid part of the Jingle Ball. You will need an entrance ticket to the Jingle Ball as well as a class ticket to attend. Jingle Ball tickets and class tickets go on sale on October 13th. Class previews are so you can see what classes will be available for you to purchase on that date. Some of our classes may overlap, so please be sure to check out this SCHEDULE page to make sure you do not purchase overlapping classes.
All classes will be recorded so that paid students may access them for up to 30 days after the Ball concludes.
- CLASS: Wintergreen Christmas Ornament Finishing Class with Misty Pursel
- TIME: SAT 3 - 4:30 PM EST
- COST: Kitted Option: $85. PDF Option: $35
- AVAILABLE: Kits available U.S. only. PDF option worldwide.
- TICKET TYPES: Kitted or PDF Only
- DURATION: 1.5 hours
Stitch the whimsical designs from Wintergreen Christmas before class and we’ll finish them into ornaments to add a touch of magic to your Christmas tree!
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- finish your stitched piece into an oval shape with tips for getting a smooth edge
- add baker’s twine trim to give your project extra holiday cheer
- take your finishing to the next level with fun embellishments
Crafting should be fun, and this class promises just that! You’ll have an enjoyable learning experience, whether you're new to finishing or you’re more experienced. And I’ll walk you through each step of the process so that you can confidently finish your ornament. Ask questions and engage with other stitchers in the class in a supportive and friendly learning environment.
Join me for a fun afternoon and let's finish your cross stitch into a cherished holiday keepsake. Reserve your spot today!
Included with the class with a KIT TICKET:
- A PDF version of the pattern (chart is in black and white)
- A Fat Eighth of 32 count hand-dyed linen (due to limited availability, you may receive either the same fabric used in the model, Soft Sea from Luminous Fiber Arts, or you may receive as an excellent substitute Vintage Tiffany from Fabrics by Stephanie. I’m sorry, I can’t take requests for one fabric or the other).
- One skein each of the over-dyed flosses used in the design from Classic Colorworks and Weeks Dye Works (5 skeins total)
- Six metallic red jingle bells
- Green wool-blend craft felt
- A couple of surprise bonus items!
Supplies you will need to have for the class with a KITTED TICKET:
DMC: 01, 03, 300, 347, 353, 816, 898, 938, 950, 3778, 3821, 3852
Tapestry needle for stitching, size 24 suggested
Backing fabric (I used a red and white polka dot, but anything you like that coordinates will work)
Red and white baker’s twine (I got mine from Michael’s in the gift wrap/party supplies section and the brand is called Celebrate It)
Glue (I like Alene’s Tacky Glue)
Sewing pins (optional)
Freezer paper (optional)
Light pad for tracing (optional)
Hand sewing needle
Red sewing thread
Access to a printer to print the templates—please print them in advance of the class
In addition to the list above, PDF (non kitted students) will also need:
- A Fat Eighth of blue linen or Lugana or a Fat Quarter of Aida, 32 or 16 count recommended
- Over-dyed flosses: (DMC substitutes are listed on pattern) Classic Colorworks Snowball, Mistletoe, Blackbird, Weeks Dye Works Roasted Figs, Emerald
- Six metallic red jingle bells (source listed on pattern)
- Green wool-blend craft felt (source listed on pattern)