Code of Conduct
We want the ball to be 100% absolutely fun for everyone. It is our goal to have a space that is welcoming and friendly. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior.
- HAVE FUN.
- Be considerate and respectful.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert a Jingle Ball vendor if you notice problematic behavior.
- Unacceptable behaviors & materials include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendees of the event.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; and sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise).
- Nudity. You may wear a suit, but not your birthday suit.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive, as determined by the Jingle Ball vendors, in their sole discretion.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs,
- Please drink responsibly. Boisterous behavior because you had too many Christmas cocktails is not welcome.
- Visually partaking in any illegal substance.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the Jingle Ball staff may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the ball without warning or refund.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a Ball vendor as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Video recordings and photographs are being taken at this event. By entering you agree to have your image and likeness used by the Jingle Ball media.