This class is an optional paid part of the Jingle Ball. You will need an entrance ticket to the Jingle Ball as well as a class ticket to attend. Jingle Ball tickets and class tickets go on sale on October 13th. Class previews are so you can see what classes will be available for you to purchase on that date. Some of our classes may overlap, so please be sure to check out this SCHEDULE page to make sure you do not purchase overlapping classes.
All classes will be recorded so that paid students may access them for up to 30 days after the Ball concludes.
- CLASS: Candy Cane Biscornu with Jeannine McGowan
- TIME: Two sessions to choose from: SAT 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST or SUN 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
- COST: Kitted Option: $85. PDF Option: $35
- AVAILABLE: Kits available U.S. only. PDF option worldwide.
- TICKET TYPES: Kitted or PDF only
- DURATION: 1.5 hours
Would you like to learn to finish a biscornu? This fun stitch comes with two
versions, all designed around the candy cane theme. The pieces are quick
and easy to stitch, and also designed to be helpful for the first-time finisher.
Even the finished edge has a peppermint twist. Stitch it up before class
and get ready for finishing together! I’ll be there for you every step of the
way. And if you’d like to take more time, you’ll have access to the class
video for 30 days so you can look back at the instructions.
Option 1 - PDF only ($35) Available Worldwide – you will receive the pdf
chart and a supplies list. You’ll be able to stitch your biscornu halves, and
bring them to class so we can finish them together.
This class calls for the following supplies:
- A 13 x 18 piece of 32/16 fabric. (If you’d like a different count of
fabric, this will change the amount you need.) This will be enough
to stitch two versions of the design, so if you only want to stitch
one you won’t need as much fabric. The designs are 70 stitches
square and you need both a top and bottom half for each biscornu,
as well as a 1” border around each edge.
- Multicolor version – DMC 0021, 0022, 3345, 3347, 3865 and DMC
Diamant D321 Red Ruby
- Single color version – a variegated red and white thread. For this
one, the model is stitched with DMC 0022 and 3865 in the edging,
but this is not required.
- Interfacing for each half of the design
- Fill material (walnut shells, or poly fill are good options)
- A chopstick or pencil to pack your fill material
- A small craft funnel (if using walnut shells)
- A button ornament (optional)
- A beading needle – at least 2” long
- A tapestry needle (size depending on your fabric choice)
- Fabric and thread scissors (and serrated scissors if you’re using
the metallic Diamante thread).
Option 2 – Full Kit ($85) US shipping only – you will receive a printed
chart and the supplies needed to stitch both biscornu halves, and to finish
them together in class.
Included in your kit:
- 32 count Zweigart gray linen with silver stars
- DMC threads – 0021, 0022, 3345, 3347, 3865
- DMC Diamante metallic thread – D321 Ruby Red
- Limited Edition Cottage Garden Threads “Candy Cane” thread,
dyed specially for this project
- Beading needle
- Embellishment buttons
- Walnut shells
- Decorative pins
- Some other fun surprises!